Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's resolution is...

As I sit in the hotel room, full from dinner, worn from the sun, I find myself wondering why at the ripe old age of almost 22 I am so happy to just relax on the biggest party night of the year. I wonder this quite a lot, why living just 30 minutes from Chicago doesn't lure me into the city's bars and clubs more often, why I am just as happy surrounded by the people I love in my own home as I would be in a noisy bar with hundreds of strangers. And on this New Year's night, I no longer wonder. I have realized, most especially during these past few months, that the best way to spend your time is with the people you love. Sometimes that involves frolicking around night clubs and drinking countless cocktails. But most of the time, for me at least, that isn't what I long for. I long for good company, good family, good friends. And I long for good memories. So, sitting here with my family on this eve of 2010, drinking wine, drifting off probably well before midnight, I resolve to always love what I have, and never long for what I think I should want. Happy New Year, happy 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment