Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Recipe #90303: College dinner 101

This is a dinner that I made probably 50% of my nights at school last semester. Yes, it's absolutely delicious, but I probably subconsciously made it all those nights because it's basically foolproof. Last night, I made it for my family so they could get a taste of what it's like to be me at school. And because, secretly, I missed it.

Shrimp with shallots and garlic:

Combine chopped shallots and garlic in a pan with olive oil. Add the shrimp and cook until pink. Season with salt and pepper.

Balsamic vegetables:

Chop up vegetables of choice, such as zucchini, mushrooms, red peppers and onions. Combine in a pan with olive oil, minced garlic and salt and pepper. Let cook for a few minutes, then add two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. Allow to cook through and the vegetables to caramelize.

Couscous:

Open box. Follow directions. Enjoy one of the best side dishes that could come from a cardboard box.

No comments:

Post a Comment