Sunday, November 8, 2009

Those who can't cook... should still cook.

I believe it’s a myth that college students don’t cook. Ever. Yes, there are those select frat boys who believe that pizza and beer are food groups, and there are those girls who somehow think that a Diet Coke and brown rice is a meal. Though I do enjoy my fair share of pizza and beer… and Diet Coke, I also love cooking. I love cooking more than the average college student, and I would go so far as to say that I love cooking more than the average human being. The Food Network is the first channel I switch on when I sit down at the TV after class, and I consider garlic to be its own food group. But, hey, I’m in college. I have class, formals, sorority events, friends, a boyfriend, hangovers, yet somehow I still find time to cook. I’m not great… yet. But I plan to be. Maybe I don’t have access to the best ingredients at our discount grocery stores in rural Illinois, and I’m embarrassed to say that I have used a recipe or two when my creativity falls short. But I love it. And when you find something you love, you can’t help but do it as often as you can. So, to all you fellow college students out there who think you can’t cook…maybe you can’t. But you can still try.

Every so often, I will post recipes that I invented, found, made by accident, borrowed or stole. Wish me luck…

No comments:

Post a Comment